As part of my New Year tradition, I make a list of the list items I accomplished in the previous year, and I pick a subset of items to work on for the current year. This past year was especially fun because in one road trip I did 5 things on my list. I’m also happy that although it wasn’t an official list goal, I had a personal goal to post something at least once a week on this blog for the whole year – and I did!
In 2016, I accomplished these 8 things from my bucket list (I’ll add links as I write the posts):
- Learn to surf
- Live in a mansion (I stayed one night each in two separate mansions during the road trip, so not really “living there” but given the likelihood of it actually happening, I’m counting it)
- Go on a road trip with friends
- Go skydiving
- Visit Hollywood
- Have coffee with a stranger
- Learn a magic trick
- Make a Youtube video
This is still in progress:
- Learn Japanese and visit Japan (started learning in preparation for Hokkaido trip, but actually went before I was functional in the language)
I also did many more things that were bucket-list worthy but not actually on my bucket list (added to the retrospective list).
And I added 5 new items to my bucket list this year (and one’s already done!):
- Learn to fence/sword fight
- Make a YouTube video – Accomplished! See link above
- Learn to do the splits
- Stay in an ice hotel
- Complete a photo project
The 2017 Bucket List Subset
Every year I make a subset list of 10 items for goals I want to give myself a little extra pressure to finish before the year’s over. The purpose is to move me closer to the chosen goals, even if I don’t complete them that year. These aren’t the only goals I work on during the year, and they may not even be the most important goals to me. They also don’t include any goal I know for sure will happen this year (that’s almost like writing a to-do list with things you’ve already finished!)
So, here’s the subset list for 2017 (as with my full list, some are hidden until I complete them, and this is in no particular order):
- Ride in a train (travel by train)
- Act in at least one movie
- Eat rabbit
- Ride a motorcycle
- Get a sponsor for at least one thing on my list (click here for general inquiries)
- Learn to do the scorpion pose
What’s on your list this year?
If you have a list or bucket list blog of your own, please let me know in the comments!
If you’re excited about joining me on this journey, click here to join the Insiders list, where you’ll get summaries of blog posts, cool surprises and printables throughout the year, invites to insider-only online events, and chances to be featured in the blog.