For the last two years, I’ve made a summer bucket list with 25 things on it. Both years, I left many items undone. Last year, I counted the days in summer (95 days) and thought that it would be plenty of time to get 25 things done (average of one every 3-4 days), but I realized I’m not willing to eliminate all other summer activities just to do the things on this list by a certain time (too much pressure!). This year, I’m making a more realistic list of 15 items. Since there are 13 weeks (plus 3 days) this summer, I can do an average of just about one each week.
I tried to focus the majority of list items around free or very affordable activities, because I’m saving up for my road trip at the end of the summer. Same with last year, I’ve picked some items from my existing list and added some new items just for the summer, and I don’t include things I already know I’ll do. I’m also using the same key as the full list: bold = completed; linked = link to the post about it; * = in progress; (hidden) = well, you get it.
Summer Bucket List 2016
- Volunteer for a non-profit organization
- Go geocaching
- Look out the window of a room in the top floor of a downtown skyscraper
- Release a floating lantern (update – I probably won’t be able to do it, it’s illegal in most states)
- Eat rabbit
- Participate in a flash mob
- Enter a recipe contest
- Help a local small business with a project
- Learn to do a magic trick
- Have someone buy a piece of artwork of mine
- Write a letter to a stranger
- Write an article for publication
What’s on your summer bucket list?
Comment and let me know. Let’s do this together!