I’ve already written about the SMART goal technique for writing Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely goals. Since then, I’ve found something similar, that also includes an assessment to help you focus on what goals would most benefit you at this time.
This technique comes from Vanessa Van Edwards at the Science of People. She has also created a worksheet that you can use, but since it does not include explanations, it’s best to first read the instructions in the post titled The Science of Goals, and then use the worksheet.
This goal setting technique is broken down into 10 steps:
- Check your emotional temperature (using the Goal Wheel in the worksheet)
- Think about what you want your legacy to be
- Take ownership/set an intention
- Pick an outcome + process
- Set MAC Daddy goals (this is similar to the SMART goal concept)
- Write it down
- Identify blockers
- Make your map
- Get accountability
- Revise, practice, revise
Bonus: Identify a theme
Go check out the Science of Goals post and worksheet, and let me know if you find it useful or if you have another method you use to help you reach your goals.