Today is the second-to-last day that I have left to study for the national registration exam for dietetics. Passing this exam is the last thing I need to do to become a Registered Dietitian.
I’ll be taking this exam on Feb 12, at 8am, and I’ll be sure to update you shortly after on the outcome. I’m praying this will be one more Goal Accomplished!
Study materials for the RD exam:
Is this on your list too? Are you studying for this exam? If so, the 2012 (updated 2013) RD exam study outline is available online for free from the credentialing agency that makes the exam.
You can also look for study materials from other publishers. Here are some links to materials my friends have used and recommended, as well as some textbooks I reviewed as I studied (I get commissions for purchases made through most of these links, but I only recommend things I think are worth buying*) :
- Review of Dietetics: Manual for the Registered Dietitian Exam, 2014-2015 ed (Often called Hess & Hunt’s Review of Dietetics, recommended to me)
- Community Nutrition in Action: An Entrepreneurial Approach* (I used it to review public food resource/nutrition programs)
- Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism* (I used it to review metabolic processes)
- Nutrition Therapy and Pathophysiology *(I used it to review deficiencies, medical nutrition therapy, etc)
- Krause’s Food & Nutrition Therapy*(I used it to review foodborne illness and medical nutrition therapy, including how to calculate parenteral nutrition)
- Food Medication Interactions* (I recommend getting the most recent version that you can afford, because the newer drugs won’t be in the older books. This also has good resources in the back, for example: a chart for estimating calorie needs after amputations. I use this book a lot, in classes, for review, and for work at the hospital)
- Understanding Food: Principles and Preparation* (Good review for food science and preparation. I also used it to review foodborne illness and food safety.)
*Affiliate link = Amazon pays me a small portion of the sale price, at no extra cost to you. I only recommend things that I think are worth buying.
Pingback: Become an RD (February 2014) | The Goal List
I pray for wisdom in time management, rest, and Daniel like knowledge over you in Jesus’s name. Amen.
You can do it!!!
Sent from my Galaxy S®III
Thanks so much! I passed!